NX Local Client
You can use both a Local Client to access all versions of the Free Cloud Desktop. To install the local client, just download the right package at the links below and follow the installation instructions from there.
Here is a video on the various No Machine (NX) access methods including the Local Client.
Setting up the Local Client
Download the 3.5.o Client Software from the NX Client Products Section for your Operating System here:
Once downloaded, begin installation following the Wizard.
- Enter a meaningful session name such as Free Cloud Desktop (adding the version you are running if more than one)
- Enter the Public DNS Value from the lower pane of the My Instances screen of the AWS Console with the instance selected (such as ec2-999-999-999-999.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com but with the 999 values replaced with your specific values)
- Click Next
This next screen should display:
- Change the value next to Unix from KDE to GNOME
- You can also change the Available Area to a fixed screen size or Full Screen
- Again, click Next
- Create a desktop shortcut or not as you wish
- Use the User ID and Password you were given or that you changed to
- Click Login
- Click Yes
If you have issues, check the FAQ Page.