Web Enabled (Java NX)
THIS PAGE IS ONLY FOR VERSION 2.12 or prior.
For example using Firefox:
- A message similar to “Do you want to run this application” named NX Web Companion from NoMachine will display.
- Click the checkbox next to “I accept the risk and want to run this application” and then click the Run button. (If you see a “Show Options” option you can select the Always option to allow this automatically in the future).
- You may see a Java message asking if you want to block “Unsafe Components”. Select Yes.
- If you are a first time Free Cloud Desktop User or on a new machine you will be asked to Download the Plugin that allows your Cloud Desktop to be run from the Browser. If you have used the Free Cloud Desktop Plugin before and are using the new version, you will likely get a choice to Update or Continue. Just click either the Download or Continue Button. The plugin should proceed.
- If all goes well you will see a login window with NX – DesktopAnywhere in the Title Bar. (if you don’t see it, it may be in your task bar and hidden behind the browser window and you can Alt-Tab to display it). If you have issues, see the Troubleshoot Setup section.
The Login Box should now be displayed.
As this is a new host and you are accessing your Amazon Web Services instance with a password and not a key pair there will be a message that “the authenticity of host (your AWS IP) can’t be established” along with some other information. Click the Yes button.
Your Desktop should begin to display in a new window with !M red icon briefly followed by a black screen. It takes a minute to full display the first time. When you see the friendly Cloud with the Desktop inside over DesktopAnywhere.com you have successfully accessed your Free Cloud Desktop. Congratulations!
If you have any issues you might also check out our FAQ page.